Life outside of home on a daily basis involves movement and interaction within public and private premises. Whether it be the local supermarket, the cinema, a restaurant , a football stadium we are reliant upon the management and local authorities of both  public and private premises to ensure our safety. Sometimes however accidents can occur ranging from tripping on a paving slab to slipping on a wet floor.

Claims against local authorities who are required to maintain the roads and pavements under the Highways Act include defective pavements, ice during winter or broken tarmac on the roads which create a trip hazard. Claims against private companies can include slipping on a wet floor or tripping over cabling.

If you slip or trip and are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. We understand that in such cases  liability may be unclear but we are able to resolve public accident claims and ensure that a claim is made against the insurer of the liable party.

To give your case the best chance of success it is important to note the following details of the accident.

1) Date, Time and location of accident

2) The cause of the accident

3) Details of witnesses

4) Photographs of the location and injuries sustained

You should also report the accident to the owner of the premises and seek medical attention.